Fredericton’s literary festival announce second annual story contest – submission deadline Aug. 1.
Can you write an engaging story in 500 words or less?
Word Feast have anounced the details of its second annual postcard story contest and are looking for short story submissions. This year’s stories will be judged by Amy Spurway, whose 2019 novel Crow was published by Goose Lane Editions.
The contest winner and all shortlist nominees will be invited to read at a special Odd Sundays event, September 22 at The Tipsy Muse Café.
Word Feast 2019 will take place September 19-22.
Complete contest details below.
- Submissions will only be accepted between June 1 and August 1 (5 p.m.).
- A submission is one story, maximum 500 words.
- Entry fee: $10 — payment must be received by the deadline or the submission will not be considered. Payment can be made by e-transfer to info[at]ca or by cash/cheque (made out to Word Feast Literary Society) and sent to our mailing address (61 Watters Dr., Fredericton NB, E3A 3S9) or in person to one of our board members.
- Submissions must be stripped of identifying information and emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and address in the body of the email.
- Only New Brunswick residents or post-secondary students attending a New Brunswick school are eligible. (We want you to be able to easily attend!)
- Writers can submit more than one entry, but each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
Good luck! A shortlist will contacted by September 1 and an announcement will follow.
Word Feast: Fredericton’s Literary Festival
61 Watters Dr.
Fredericton, NB E3A 3S9