Capping off the 18th annual edition of the Silver Wave Film Festival, the Silver Wave Awards recognized several artists and their contribution to the continued development of the film, video and television community.
To be eligible for the Silver Wave Awards, films must have been accepted for screening at the 2018 festival.
This year’s awards show took place November 10 at Le Centre communautaire Sainte-Anne.
This year’s winners are:
- 2018 WIFT-AT NB Salute to honour a woman working in film and television in New Brunswick: Gia Milani
- Best Student Short ($250): Sister’s Dirge by Ty Giffin
- Excellence in Music Composition: Zachary Greer for the Nashwaak
- Excellence in Art Direction: Arianna Martinez and Cassidy Ingersoll for Letters from the Dead
- Excellence in Sound Design: Bruce LeGrow for Mnemosyne
- Excellence in Picture Editing is: Tracey Lavigne for Mnemosyne
- Excellence in Cinematography: Jesse Anthony for Mnemosyne
- Best Experimental Film: Boy in the Garden by Peter de Niverville
- Best Low Budget Documentary: Bernie Langille Wants to Know…Who Killed Bernie Langille by Jackie Torrens
- Best SciFi Short: 10 Minute Time Machine by Charles Wahl
- Best Canadian OR International Short: Passage by Henry Colin
- Best Documentary: The Song and the Sorrow by Millefiore Clarkes
- Lex Gigeroff Excellence in Screenwriting Award for a NB short Drama OR Comedy: Kaitlyn Adair for March 2.4
- Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama OR Comedy: Kaitlyn Adair for March 2.4
- Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a supporting role in a Drama OR Comedy by a New Brunswicker: Maggie Vaughan for Mnemosyne
- Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Drama OR Comedy: Tony Tomarchio for Infinity Land
- Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a supporting role in a Drama OR Comedy: Chris Gairns for Friend Zone
- Best NB Short Drama: Mnemosyne by Tracey Lavigne
- East Coast Camera Rental Award (valued at $5000.00) sponsored by Nick Wilson – Winner: Tracey Lavigne
- 2018 Jane LeBlanc Filmmaker Award Winners: Corinne Brownlee, for Distortion and Brenda Malley for After The War.
- Picaroons Brian Carty Film Volunteer Recognition Award ($500): Jeff Picka
- Jim Lavoie Film Professional Recognition Award: Frictive Pictures (Professor/filmmaker Robert Gray, Professor/filmmaker Matt Rogers and teacher/filmmaker Jon Dewar)
- CBC/NB Joy Award Winner: Kaitlyn Adair for Together We Move