Website Development/Administration and Graphics Support Services.
Do you have a passion for the ever-evolving technological landscape, an interest in ecommerce, and a love of books? Goose Lane Editions is seeking an intern to assist with the design and administration of our new website and to provide support for the graphic processes in-house.
The intern in this full-time term position will work closely with internal stakeholders to analyze industry trends and develop documentation which will be used by third-party developers in the creation of a new website for Goose Lane. A keen eye for detail will assist the successful applicant
in identifying both opportunities and issues and creating action plans to address service gaps.
A sensibility to design and knowledge of standard graphic tools will be an asset in supporting
design and production services in-house.
- Work with internal stakeholders to analyze current trends in the industry
- Record meeting minutes and use these to aid in the creation of site documentation and planning documents
- Confer with contracted suppliers and industry colleagues
- Maintain production schedules and ensure that dates for deliverables are set and accurately communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- Update and import content from a variety of sources
- Thoroughly test site during and after development and clearly communicate issues to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide support for graphic processes in-house: promotional items, image and file preparation, coordination with suppliers
- Administrative duties as required
- Strong grasp of user experience, UI/UX trends
- Strong grasp of data management and data integration into website context
- Experience with web analytics and conversion rate optimization
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work across teams within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma
- Experience in web development, including familiarity with PHP, CSS
- Experience working with databases and with database management
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Applicants should be registered for the New Brunswick Youth Employment Fund (details here) Forward a cover letter describing experience applicable to this position, your resume, and a sample
of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 May 2016
REMUNERATION: $399 for 32 hours/week.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 6-month term position with possibility of renewal.