From Mississauga, Ontario David Celia brings his amazing guitar skills, masterful song writing, great vocals, wit, and charm to the house concert stage. This visit will be his 3rd visit to LHC and we are thrilled to have him back. His songs have an open alt/folk style that has been described as “Beatlesque”. David has 5 CDs to his credit, and tours frequently across Canada and Europe. He has just returned from a couple of weeks in Britain, where he recorded a fantastic new video, “The Grind”. David receives regular airplay on both the BBC and CBC. He has played at multiple times at the Glastonbury and Mariposa Festivals, and is a regular at Hugh’s Room in Toronto. This concert takes place on Friday, May 15 at 41 River Front Way, Fredericton. The cost is $20 per person (cash or cheque at the door). Doors open at 7:15pm and the concert begins at 8pm. To reserve seats email email@example.com or call to Paul or Liz at 457-0826.
Other upcoming house concerts to watch for:
- Sunday, June 7: Jeffrey Straker – Singer-songwriter(Piano) -Sask – Won Vina del Mar (Chile) song competition
- Saturday, June 27: Dennis Ellsworth – Singer-songwriter – PEI – Two-time Music PEI winner
- Wednesday, July 15: Ennis -Traditional – NFLD – JUNO and ECMA winners
- Saturday, August 22: Jen Chapin Trio – Urban Folk Soul – New York -USA Songwriting Competition
- Friday, September 11: Morgan Davis – Blues – Halifax – JUNO and ECMA
- Saturday, September 12: Morgan Davis – Blues – Halifax – JUNO and ECMA