A look at some of the stories featured on Grid City this week.
Well, this week was dominated by the incredibly inspiring story of musician, Stephen Lewis. Read about how he turned his life around, without realizing he was following in the footsteps of his father. It’s a beautiful story and includes a very heartfelt video. Easily this week’s top feature.
This year’s edition of Fredericton’s annual Silver Wave Film Festival took place over the past weekend, bringing together hundreds of filmmakers and film enthusiasts for a celebration of the art and the people who make it happen. During each festival, SWFF organizers hand out a number of awards to both aspiring and established filmmakers from the region. Check out the full list of 2014 winners.
We caught up with radio host Brendan MaGee to chat about his new program/podcast, Ferocious Coasts, which airs Sunday nights at 9pm on CHSR FM. We also spoke with the Halifax group, This Ship, about the tough year they had and their return to The Capital stage.
Sammie X, was our Home Scene guest this week. She brought up some great points about all-ages shows and the need for strengthening the support within community.
What’s Happening This Weekend? Here’s a few things:
– Ten Thousand Villages Fair Trade Craft Fair | event
– 7th Food and Wine Gourmet Adventure | event
– Robo-Families 2014 at Science East |
– Hard Times in the Maritimes Zine Workshop at ConnexionARC | event
– Black Rats | Shakedown Combo perform at The Capital Complex
– Mobb Deep w/ special guest Peter Jackson perform at Klub Khrome | event
Feeling left out? Send your events to gridcitymagazine (at) gmail dot com