Just months after delivering a successful event this past March, the Plain Site Theatre Festival have announced plans to return in November, reclaiming its original position on the city’s theatre calendar.
The Plain Site Theatre Festival will return to the St. Thomas University campus in November to present its fourth annual festival promoting queer focused storytelling and visibility by providing emerging artists and students a safer space to develop their craft under the guidance of established 2SLGBTQIA+ artists.
Submissions are now being accepted for the fall edition.
The theme for this year’s playwriting contest will be the question ‘How do we make connections?’ A community cannot thrive without strong connections and so organizers encourage playwrights to reflect on how we build strong connections with others as the catalyst for this year’s submissions.
- Submission Deadline: July 15, 2022 (Midnight)
- Submissions will only be accepted from artists attending a secondary or post-secondary institution in New Brunswick and who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+.
- Submissions should respond to the prompt: How do we build connections?, and are encouraged to explore what this question means to them.
- Scripts must have a running time of between 10-20 minutes.
- Scripts must contain no more than two actors. (Monologues are welcome)
- Playwrights must be available to work on their script with a dramaturg between August and September 2022.
- A maximum of four plays will be selected for the festival.
Winning playwrights receive professional dramaturgy of their play, a workshop reading at the November 2022 4th Annual Plain Site Festival and a full production at the 2023 Festival.
Please submit the above information to email@example.com by the July 15, 2022 deadline and include a cover sheet indicating the following: playwrights name, pronouns, full contact information, and title of play. Please include a copy of your script in.doc, .docx or.pdf format.