Halifax quartet celebrate the re-release of their debut album with a stop in Fredericton.
This Friday, October 7, Mauno hit The Captial Complex on their Canadian tour in support of their debut record, Rough Master. Originally self-released in the summer of 2015, Idée Fixe (CAN) and Tin Angel (UK) helped save Rough Master from fading into obscurity by re-releasing the album internationally last month.
According to guitarist and vocalist Nick Everett, the story of how Rough Master came to be re-released is pretty simple.
“Both [labels] were sort of chance encounters at shows,” said Everett. “They came and saw us play, liked it, then offered to put the record out on vinyl. We said sure.”
The album is a completely engaging listening experience with the band effortlessly challenging predictability while keeping a polished and consistent sonic structure through dynamic dips and climbs.
Mauno will be joined by Property// and Sentimentals, who will probably be playing one of their last shows for a while. If you can only hit up one show this weekend, this would be your smartest move.
Mauno + Sentimentals + Property// | October 7, 2016 | The Capital Complex | 10 p.m. | $8 | View Event
- October 5 – Halifax, NS @ CKDU
- October 7 – Fredericton, NB @ The Capital
- October 8 – Quebec City, QC @ House show
- October 9 – Montreal, QC @ La Vitrola
- October 12 – Toronto, ON @ The Monarch
- October 13 – Hamilton, ON @ Baltimore House
- October 14 – London, ON @ Call the Office
- October 19 – Regina, SK @ Durty Nelly’s
- October 20 – Calgary, AB @ Tubby Dog
- October 22 – Vancouver, BC @ Red Gate
- October 23 – Kelowna, BC @ Fernando’s
- October 25 – Edmonton, AB @ The Buckingham
- October 26 – Saskatoon, SK @ Vangeli’s
- October 27 – Winnipeg, MB @ The Handsome Daughter
- October 28 – Thunder Bay, ON @ The Foundry
- October 29 – Sault Ste. Marie @ Gore Street Café
- November 12 – Halifax, NS @Art Bar